- Enclosing class:
protected class CGIServlet.CGIRunner extends ObjectEncapsulates the knowledge of how to run a CGI script, given the script's desired environment and (optionally) input/output streams
runmethod used to actually invoke the CGI.
The CGI environment and settings are derived from the information passed to the constructor.
The input and output streams can be set by the
All Methods Instance Methods Concrete Methods Modifier and Type Method Description
hashToStringArray(Hashtable<String,?> h)Converts a Hashtable to a String array by converting each key/value pair in the Hashtable to a String in the form "key=value" (hashkey + "=" + hash.get(hashkey).toString())
isReady()Gets ready status
run()Executes a CGI script with the desired environment, current working directory, and input/output streams
setInput(InputStream stdin)Sets standard input to be passed on to the invoked cgi script
setResponse(HttpServletResponse response)Sets HttpServletResponse object used to set headers and send output to
updateReadyStatus()Checks and sets ready status
protected CGIRunner(String command, Hashtable<String,String> env, File wd, ArrayList<String> params)Creates a CGIRunner and initializes its environment, working directory, and query parameters.
Input/output streams (optional) are set using the
command- string full path to command to be executed
env- Hashtable with the desired script environment
wd- File with the script's desired working directory
params- ArrayList with the script's query command line parameters as strings
protected void updateReadyStatus()Checks and sets ready status
protected boolean isReady()Gets ready status
- false if not ready (
runwill throw an exception), true if ready
protected void setResponse(HttpServletResponse response)Sets HttpServletResponse object used to set headers and send output to
response- HttpServletResponse to be used
protected void setInput(InputStream stdin)Sets standard input to be passed on to the invoked cgi script
stdin- InputStream to be used
protected String hashToStringArray(Hashtable<String,?> h) throws NullPointerException
h- Hashtable to convert
- converted string array
NullPointerException- if a hash key has a null value
protected void run() throws IOExceptionExecutes a CGI script with the desired environment, current working directory, and input/output streams
This implements the following CGI specification recommendations:
- Servers SHOULD provide the "
query" component of the script-URI as command-line arguments to scripts if it does not contain any unencoded "=" characters and the command-line arguments can be generated in an unambiguous manner.
- Servers SHOULD set the AUTH_TYPE metavariable to the value
of the "
auth-scheme" token of the "
Authorization" if it was supplied as part of the request header. See
- Where applicable, servers SHOULD set the current working directory to the directory in which the script is located before invoking it.
- Server implementations SHOULD define their behavior for the
- Allowed characters in pathInfo: This implementation does not allow ASCII NUL nor any character which cannot be URL-encoded according to internet standards;
- Allowed characters in path segments: This implementation does not allow non-terminal NULL segments in the the path -- IOExceptions may be thrown;
." and "
.." path segments: This implementation does not allow "
." and "
.." in the the path, and such characters will result in an IOException being thrown (this should never happen since Tomcat normalises the requestURI before determining the contextPath, servletPath and pathInfo);
- Implementation limitations: This implementation does not impose any limitations except as documented above. This implementation may be limited by the servlet container used to house this implementation. In particular, all the primary CGI variable values are derived either directly or indirectly from the container's implementation of the Servlet API methods.
IOException- if problems during reading/writing occur
- See Also:
Runtime.exec(String command, String envp, File dir)
- Servers SHOULD provide the "