- All Implemented Interfaces:
public class StuckThreadDetectionValve extends ValveBaseThis valve allows to detect requests that take a long time to process, which might indicate that the thread that is processing it is stuck.
Fields inherited from class org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase
asyncSupported, container, containerLog, next
Fields inherited from interface org.apache.catalina.Lifecycle
AFTER_DESTROY_EVENT, AFTER_INIT_EVENT, AFTER_START_EVENT, AFTER_STOP_EVENT, BEFORE_DESTROY_EVENT, BEFORE_INIT_EVENT, BEFORE_START_EVENT, BEFORE_STOP_EVENT, CONFIGURE_START_EVENT, CONFIGURE_STOP_EVENT, PERIODIC_EVENT, START_EVENT, STOP_EVENT
Constructors Constructor Description
StuckThreadDetectionValve()Required to enable async support.
All Methods Instance Methods Concrete Methods Modifier and Type Method Description
backgroundProcess()Execute a periodic task, such as reloading, etc.
initInternal()Sub-classes wishing to perform additional initialization should override this method, ensuring that super.initInternal() is the first call in the overriding method.
invoke(Request request, Response response)Perform request processing as required by this Valve.
setInterruptThreadThreshold(int interruptThreadThreshold)Specifies the threshold (in seconds) before stuck threads are interrupted.
setThreshold(int threshold)Specifies the threshold (in seconds) used when checking for stuck threads.
Methods inherited from class org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase
getContainer, getDomainInternal, getNext, getObjectNameKeyProperties, isAsyncSupported, setAsyncSupported, setContainer, setNext, startInternal, stopInternal, toString
Methods inherited from class org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleMBeanBase
destroyInternal, getDomain, getObjectName, postDeregister, postRegister, preDeregister, preRegister, register, setDomain, unregister, unregister
Methods inherited from class org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase
addLifecycleListener, destroy, findLifecycleListeners, fireLifecycleEvent, getState, getStateName, getThrowOnFailure, init, removeLifecycleListener, setState, setState, setThrowOnFailure, start, stop
public void setThreshold(int threshold)Specifies the threshold (in seconds) used when checking for stuck threads. If <=0, the detection is disabled. The default is 600 seconds.
threshold- The new threshold in seconds
public int getThreshold()
- The current threshold in seconds
- See Also:
public int getInterruptThreadThreshold()
public void setInterruptThreadThreshold(int interruptThreadThreshold)Specifies the threshold (in seconds) before stuck threads are interrupted. If <=0, the interruption is disabled. The default is -1. If >=0, the value must actually be >= threshold.
interruptThreadThreshold- The new thread interruption threshold in seconds
protected void initInternal() throws LifecycleExceptionDescription copied from class:
LifecycleMBeanBaseSub-classes wishing to perform additional initialization should override this method, ensuring that super.initInternal() is the first call in the overriding method.
public void invoke(Request request, Response response) throws java.io.IOException, ServletException
Perform request processing as required by this Valve.
An individual Valve MAY perform the following actions, in the specified order:
- Examine and/or modify the properties of the specified Request and Response.
- Examine the properties of the specified Request, completely generate the corresponding Response, and return control to the caller.
- Examine the properties of the specified Request and Response, wrap either or both of these objects to supplement their functionality, and pass them on.
- If the corresponding Response was not generated (and control was not
returned, call the next Valve in the pipeline (if there is one) by
- Examine, but not modify, the properties of the resulting Response (which was created by a subsequently invoked Valve or Container).
A Valve MUST NOT do any of the following things:
- Change request properties that have already been used to direct the flow of processing control for this request (for instance, trying to change the virtual host to which a Request should be sent from a pipeline attached to a Host or Context in the standard implementation).
- Create a completed Response AND pass this Request and Response on to the next Valve in the pipeline.
- Consume bytes from the input stream associated with the Request, unless it is completely generating the response, or wrapping the request before passing it on.
- Modify the HTTP headers included with the Response after the
getNext().invoke()method has returned.
- Perform any actions on the output stream associated with the
specified Response after the
getNext().invoke()method has returned.
request- The servlet request to be processed
response- The servlet response to be created
java.io.IOException- if an input/output error occurs, or is thrown by a subsequently invoked Valve, Filter, or Servlet
ServletException- if a servlet error occurs, or is thrown by a subsequently invoked Valve, Filter, or Servlet
public void backgroundProcess()Description copied from class:
ValveBaseExecute a periodic task, such as reloading, etc. This method will be invoked inside the classloading context of this container. Unexpected throwables will be caught and logged.
public int getStuckThreadCount()
public long getStuckThreadIds()
public java.lang.String getStuckThreadNames()
public long getInterruptedThreadsCount()