The Apache Tomcat team announces that support for Apache Tomcat 5.5.x will end on 30 September 2012.
This means that after 30 September 2012:
- releases from the 5.5.x branch are highly unlikely
- bugs affecting only the 5.5.x branch will not be addressed
- security vulnerability reports will not be checked against the 5.5.x branch
Three months later (i.e. after 31 December 2012)
- the 5.5.x download pages will be removed
- the latest 5.5.x release will be removed from the mirror system
- the 5.5.x branch in svn will move from
- the links to the 5.5.x documentation will be removed from tomcat.apache.org
- The bugzilla project for 5.5.x will be made read-only
Note that all 5.5.x releases will always be available from the archive.
It is anticipated that the final 5.5.x release will be made shortly before 30 September 2012.