The Apache Tomcat team announces that support for Apache Tomcat 7.0.x will end on 31 March 2021.
This means that after 31 March 2021:
- releases from the 7.0.x branch are highly unlikely
- bugs affecting only the 7.0.x branch will not be addressed
- security vulnerability reports will not be checked against the 7.0.x branch
Three months later (i.e. some time after 30 June 2021):
- the 7.0.x download pages will be removed
- the latest 7.0.x release will be removed from the mirror system
- the 7.0.x branch will be made read-only
- the links to the 7.0.x documentation will be removed from tomcat.apache.org
- The bugzilla project for 7.0.x will be made read-only
Note that all 7.0.x releases will always be available from the archive.
It is anticipated that the final 7.0.x release will be made shortly before 31 Match 2021.