The Apache Tomcat® team announces that support for Apache Tomcat 8.0.x will end on 30 June 2018.
This means that after 30 June 2018:
- releases from the 8.0.x branch are highly unlikely
- bugs affecting only the 8.0.x branch will not be addressed
- security vulnerability reports will not be checked against the 8.0.x branch
Three months later (i.e. after 30 September 2018)
- the 8.0.x download links will be removed
- the latest 8.0.x release will be removed from the mirror system
- the 8.0.x branch in svn will move from
- the links to the 8.0.x documentation will be removed from tomcat.apache.org
Note that all 8.0.x releases will always be available from the archive.
It is anticipated that the final 8.0.x release will be made shortly before 30 June 2018.